Whether moving to or from the desert Southwest, the summer heat presents some special challenges. Let locally owned-and-operated Donation Movers help you survive the heat safely and achieve an outstanding move! Follow our guide to summer moves in the Southwest:
- Get started early. When dealing with a summer move, it is preferrable to seek an early morning appointment. TIP: Donation Movers has appointments available starting at 7AM. Get a quote or book online!
- Stay hydrated. A summer move means heat, and you’ll want to stay on top of your body’s needs. TIP: Have a cooler full of bottled water for yourself and the movers.
- Have some light snacks handy for yourself and the movers. TIP: Cheese crackers, peanut butter crackers, trail mix, etc.
- Utilities: Turn on your utilities before your move. TIP: Having the air-conditioning on ahead of time will make moving day more tolerable for your family and your moving help.
- Portable fans. If possible, bring a couple of fans with you to the new home. TIP: It is a great idea to have one of these fans set-up in the garage, especially if unloading into the garage.
- Keep in mind that there are items that do not travel well in the heat. Examples: food, plants, small electronics, artwork, vinyl records, etc. TIP: Anything that might require extra attention should be transported in another vehicle. If you have questions, just ask Donation Movers what they recommend!
- Your pets. The heat can be just as hard on your pets as it is on you. TIP: Make sure to have fresh water and a shady spot away from the movers for your pets to relax. NEVER leave your pets in a vehicle or without access to water.
Summertime in the Southwest is a popular time for moving. Have a plan for dealing with the heat and you’ll enjoy a more stress-free move!